The NVTH, the Dutch Association for Thrombosis and Hemostasis, is a professional association of professionals involved in blood clotting.
Members include scientific researchers, physicians, analysts, clinical chemists and employees of coagulation firms.
The association has about 300 members.
Working Group Haemostasis Diagnostics
HistoryIn 1998, the Working Group Haemostasis Diagnostics was initiated by a group of NVTH members. This working group serves as a discussion platform for head and supervising analysts of diagnostic laboratories who work on haemostasis diagnostics as well as development and implementation of new analysis methods.
The mission of the Working Group Haemostasis Diagnostics is to exchange knowledge and experience in the field of thrombosis and haemostasis diagnostics, in order to promote expertise in the laboratories within the aforementioned working field.
This goal is reached through:
- Exchange of and discussion about practical experiences and problems
- Discussion on new analysis methods and techniques
- Jointly tackling problems, on both the theoretical and practical level
- Coordinating the execution of special an rarely used haemostasis tests
- Promotion of quality in diagnostics
- Discussion on publications on methods
- Providing information to laboratories of peripheral hospitals
- Publications on activities of the working group through the NVTH newsletter
The Working Group Haemostasis Diagnostics organizes the following activities:
- Annual theme day for centers affiliated with the working group. The members of the working group should be members of the NVTH
- Publication of the theme day on the NVTH website and in the NVTH newsletter
- Core group meeting 4-5 times yearly
The Working Group Haemostasis Diagnostics is made of a core group of (head)annalists of specialized laboratories.
At this moment, the core group consists of:
Caroline Klopper, Amsterdam UMC (chairman)
Paul Verhezen, MUMC
André van Cappelle, UMCG
Riekje Nieman, Erasmus MC
Clint van Duren, Radboudumc
Claudia van Rijn, LUMC
Eline Liesting, UMCU (Secretariat WHD)
- Themadag lupus anticoagulans-diagnostiek, 21 maart 2019 te Breda
- Themadag Von Willebrandziekte, 22 maart 2018 te Nijmegen
- Themadag Trombocyten, 23 maart 2017 te Amersfoort
- Themadag Hemofilie, 17 maart 2016 te Den Bosch
- Themadag Trombofilie, 21 april 2015 te Groningen
- Themadag Lupus Coagulans, 1 april 2014 te Utrecht
- Themadag Nieuwe Orale Antistollingsmiddelen (NOAC’s), 7 maart 2013 te Leiden
- Themadag Von Willbrand Diagnostiek, 15 maart 2012 te Rotterdam
- PAOKC/VHL/WHD symposium “Hemostase naar een nieuwe fase”, 6 oktober 2011 te Zwolle
- Themadag Trombocyten, 24 Maart 2011 te Amsterdam
- Themadag Hemofilie, 18 maart 2010 te Nijmegen